Partying, booze, greasy food, pulling all-nighters….sure sounds like Las Vegas, right? Here’s a challenge for you next time you’re there – challenge yourself to maintaining your workouts! Not sure how? I’m giving you my “How To Workout While in Las Vegas.”
This past week, I was in Las Vegas for work (Blog World New Media Expo 2010) for 4 days and 3 nights. So you’re thinking….Las Vegas + working = “It’s a guarantee she didn’t workout.” You would be incorrect. While it’s clearly not the most ideal thing you think of to do while in Vegas, it sure will make you feel a whole lot better! Here is some Monday Motivation for you….“play on!”
How To Workout While in Las Vegas
- Pack for It. Planning to workout while in Las Vegas begins before you even get on the plane. Make sure to pack a pair of tennis shoes, workout clothes and anything else you might need. Preparation is key.
- State of Mind. Get in the right frame of mind. Put your workout on your calendar, even when you’re busy and partying in Las Vegas. Tell yourself that no matter what, you’ll get in at least 20-30 minutes of some type of “workout.” Don’t fail YOU – keep the promises you make to yourself.
- Hotel Choice. Choose a hotel that does not offer only the “slum” of all workout areas. I stayed at Mandalay Bay. I almost always stay there because they are probably my most favorite in Las Vegas. They have a cardio room and they also have a spa, which gives access to other equipment and weights. I just utilized the cardio room this time. But that was all I needed!
- Drink Up! Am I saying that when you go to Las Vegas you cannot drink? Absolutely not! I did. If you don’t feel well in the morning, don’t workout then. There will be a point in the day when you feel up to it. Even if it’s just those 20-30 minutes, sweat a little. You’ll feel better. And then you’ll be ready to do it all over again!
- See the Sights. Go for a walk or a run on the strip! No matter where I travel to, I find that getting out and exploring via a walk or run always lets me truly “see” things better. You’ll kill two birds with one stone.
- Like a Rock Star! Don’t forget your iPod or other music device. Put the headphones on, crank up the volume and workout like a rock star. It’s Vegas, right?!
- Rest – truly rest! If you plan accordingly, there will be a day or two when you don’t have to workout at all. How? Everyone deserves a day or two rest throughout the week. I planned my workouts for this past week so that Saturday was my “rest day.” Thus, I only had to workout in Las Vegas on Thursday and Friday. Planning ahead like this will pay off when you truly “just aren’t in the mood!”
Trust me – it can be done!
Bolsos Louis Vuitton There are different types of fashion models
Kate Spade handbags are funky
Louis Vuitton Schweiz in this case
teen fashion advice trends articles
burberry scarf its bayou club set places to stay
Dannii Minogue talks about judging on
power inverter for car adidas ladies driver and passengers may z
2013 Customer Favorite Fashion Stores and Chains in the U
Pandora Charms UK 2 Winter 1994
How to Find a Government Job
isabel marant boots Britain planned to launch its own SIGINT satellite
Crisis Slams Proud Gas Names
isabel marant sneakers From Tipsoo lake parking area
Sarkozy in LBD at the G8 Summit
That experience taught her a great deal about the field