Looking for a simple gluten free protein snack?
As I mention in the video below, I have been contacted so much recently from people wondering how to make simple things (yes, everyone has a time budget) that are gluten free, healthy, and full of protein.
I realized recently that this is what I spend all my “free time” doing….concocting simple recipes.
I’m no Martha Stewart, but I eat well and I’m happy to share what I do with all of you! I promise to start making more of these videos to share. But if you have something in particular you are looking for (ie. sick of spending a lot of money on processed salad dressings? –> yes, that recipe is coming, too), contact me!
Note: On the video, I said “Fage.” It’s actually pronounced, “fa-yeh.”
Simple Gluten Free Protein Snack
Click HERE to save this video/recipe for later.
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (23 g/protein)
- 1 Tbsp Brown Rice Protein Powder (11 g/protein)
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed meal (3 g/protein)
- 1 packet Stevia
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, stir.
Updated in 2017 to add: I still love quick and simple things like this, but I would not be very likely to use any of those ingredients anymore (except for the flax). What would I do instead? Here you go….
- Choose a much higher-quality yogurt like Organic Valley, Stonyfield, or Siggi’s.
- Alternatively, I might choose a nondairy yogurt like Kite Hill, CoYo, or Forager.
- I would use the Nutiva Organic Plant Protein (for this recipe – Vanilla).
- And I would not use Stevia. Instead, Monkfruit.