I have shared this Oatless Protein Oatmeal many times before on Instagram (usually in Stories), and each time I do, several people message me, “Can you please share with me exactly what’s in that?”
So today I am.
And it’s basic.
In fact, it’s so basic that unless you need to have an oatless oatmeal, I think you should skip it and go for the 32g of fiber in one super breakfast bowl instead.
But here is why I love it:
- It’s grain-free, for those times when that’s what I need.
- It includes gut-healing boosts.
- I can make it in like 2 minutes.
- It still tastes good. (-ish; no, it’s not pancakes or muffins)
- It is: dairy free, egg free, gluten free, grain free, soy free, and Paleo.
Oatless Protein Oatmeal
Click HERE to save this post for later.
You only need these 5 ingredients to make this Oatless Protein Oatmeal:
- 1 scoop Nutiva Organic Plant Protein Powder. (I am a chocolate-loving mama by nature, but when it comes to this Plant Protein, I always choose the Vanilla. HERE is the Chocolate if you prefer that one. And yes Nutiva is a client, but they have, hands down, some of the very best products in our entire house.)
- 1 teaspoon NOW Foods L-Glutamine. I use this every single day, as often as possible. I probably consume 1 Tbsp a day in total. I have used the NOW Foods brand since the beginning of my gut-healing journey, and I’m always going to use it. (Side note: I’m going to the NOW Foods HQ this week to learn about their company and all products. Questions?!)
- 2 Tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour. The best. I use this for everything. The reason I add it to this Oatless Protein Oatmeal is that it helps give an even thicker texture.
- 1 Tbsp Vital Proteins Gelatin. Gelatin for gut healing rocks. I’ve written about the differences between Collagen and Gelatin before, so you can learn all about it. I choose Vital Proteins because I think they are the masters in their niche. They have stayed focused on their craft and perfecting it. And the products are really great.
- pinch, Monkfruit. If you don’t want the little extra sweetness, then you can skip this one. I love it, though, so I always add it in. I’m a Lakanto fan, but there are obviously other brands out there.
Place it all in a bowl, and either add water and/or full-fat coconut milk to it until you get the desired consistency. I tend to do about 1/2 water and 1/2 full-fat coconut milk.
You can use whatever brand of all the above that you want, but those are always the ones I use.
The only one two that you should not swap is the protein powder (because Nutiva’a new one is grain free), and the L-Glutamine because NOW Foods is my jam.
But that looks gross and boring
I already can hear and see some of that happening on the other side of the screen.
And it’s okay.
If so, this is not for you.
- Your gut isn’t that bad so you really don’t need to find alternatives like this (be very thankful for that!) and/or
- You are not yet ready to truly heal your gut.
For those of you who need extra motivation around this, I discuss it plenty in The Gutsy Girl’s Bible: an approach to healing the gut, 3.0.
It’s only boring if you tell yourself it’s boring.
Rarely is gut healing a picnic.
But I have to share something very important with you about gut healing that I learned this past weekend – soon, not today.
It has to do with the difference in HEALING and WHOLENESS.
They are vastly different.
And let me know if try this basic recipe. Y’all…..basic is best.
If you enjoy my posts on the gut and/or healing + true wellness with food and lifestyle click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter. If you enjoy my posts on life, inspiration, passion, entrepreneurship, adoption, love, thoughts, faith and living in a way that gives us purpose, daily click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter (a different one). To follow the blog in general, be sure to place it in your feed.