I was reminded of all the fun things that can be done with spaghetti squash when I came up with this Spider Web Spaghetti Squash Multi Flavored Gluten Free.
I needed another “main dish” recipe for the Holiday, 2012 eBook that I’m currently working on. My SIL mentioned, “What about something with Spaghetti Squash?”
Two things happened:
- I got super excited when I remembered I have a Spaghetti Squash and Meatball Boats recipe I’ve never shared with you yet (thus, will be in the eBook) and
- I immediately decided to make some multi-flavored spaghetti squash that night
It was good, easy and best of all…..it looked like spider webs so I knew it would be the perfect recipe to share for Halloween!
Spider Web Spaghetti Squash Multi Flavored Gluten Free
Click HERE to save this recipe for later.
- Bake the spaghetti squash like normal (see old post: [b]How to Make Simple Spaghetti Squash[/b])
- Once you take it out of the oven, scrape all the spaghetti squash into a bowl
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil + sea salt to the spaghetti squash in your bowl
- Evenly spread out the spaghetti squash onto your pan again, but make sure the tinfoil is coated with olive oil
- Once the spaghetti squash is spread out, add your flavorings (I did: ¼ thyme, ¼ chili powder, ¼ cinnamon and the final ¼ just plain)
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes
- Spread out on paper towels to cool or serve
Mix in the olive oil and sea salt by hand.
You can use whatever flavors you want. The ones I recommended we really loved!
Bonus tip: you can also mix all these flavors together. Tastes great!
Keep it in the oven a little longer if you want even more crispy ones.
p.s. Today is my mama‘s birthday!