Today’s post is colorful. I’m going to show you how to cut a whole pineapple, and share a new recipe!
Pineapple yellow is the main color.
I’m not even a yellow fan, but this is luscious.
Summer is looming….
Last night I made fresh juices using pineapple. Try it: cucumber + celery + pineapple. The night before I made a Caribbean Baby Scallop Stir Fry meal. We love pineapple around here. Sometimes it makes my mouth do funny things (when I eat it raw – OAS – oral allergy syndrome), but I love the natural enzymes it produces and sweet juices extracted.
I recently learned how to cut a whole pineapple. Yes, I realize this is fairly pathetic that I just did. No shame if you still don’t know how to cut one up. I’ll show you now.
How to Cut a Whole Pineapple
Click HERE to save this post for later.
Cut off the top.
Cut off the bottom so it will stand up straight.
Cut off all “spikes” while the pineapple stands.
Core out the middle with a small, round cookie cutter (or anything you can to core it).
Slice into rings or cubes (I did rings that time).
Yes, and that concludes the process. I have just made you a summer fruit champ. You’re welcome.
You can eat it fresh and plain.
Or, you can be super awesome and try putting it into a stir fry.
Try this one….
Caribbean Baby Scallop Stir Fry
Click HERE to save this recipe for later.
- pepper mix (I got mine from Trader Joe's, but once the Farmer's Market opens this weekend I will buy them fresh)
- whole pineapple
- ½ pound fresh wild baby scallops
- cilantro, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- coconut oil, for sauteeing
- Cut your whole pineapple into chunks. (Don't know how? See above. Timely, I know.)
- Place the pineapple, peppers, cilantro and a little sea salt in a large pan (the Wok works perfectly) with a little coconut oil.
- Place the scallops in a separate, small saute pan. Saute in a little coconut oil.
- Merge together when the scallops are done (Note: they will only take a couple minutes)
And that’s it. Our little stir fry couldn’t be easier to make. (Note: If you are currently needing to stay away from Nightshades, then this is a nightmare for you. Don’t proceed, just make it for someone else to enjoy. Yes, that’s what Gutsy girls do sometimes.)
If you love pineapple recipes, check out my Grilled Chicken Kabobs, Pineapple Quinoa and Homemade Pineapple Vinaigrette recipe from last summer.