New Hope released the blogging team’s top Expo West finds on Friday. Each of us was tasked to come back with three. My top three can be found HERE, and I have also included them in my top 29 2018 Expo West finds below.
I am well aware now of the California bubble we lived in, so in addition to sharing the products with you, I’ll link to anywhere you might be able to purchase them and/or shop at the store for them, namely their website, Amazon, Thrive Market (make sure you grab a membership HERE), and/or a retail location.
Note: The below information is as accurate as I could find. As the products become available online and offline, or I get new information, I’ll update the post. Make sure to Bookmark this post or save it for later to get the latest information.
Top 29 2018 Expo West Finds
Click HERE to save this post for later.
- Wildway Foods, Smoothie Bowl Starter Kit. Wildway Foods released a smoothie bowl starter kit, and it’s incredible. Now, instead of adding in all your nutritional boosts, one at a time (l-glutamine, MCT powder, ashwagandha, maca, etc.), you can buy one product that includes many of them in one. For all the smoothie and smoothie bowl enthusiasts out there, this will be a game changer!
- Purchase: I believe you can only get this through their website currently.
- Simple Mills Soft Baked Cookies, Snickerdoodle, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Chip. In my life, I’ve barely ever had a cookie that tastes this good, much less one from a package with minimal ingredients. Simple Mills’ cookies are a home run.
- Purchase: Their website.
- Cauli’flour Foods, Cauliflower Pizza Crust Plant Based. I was skeptical on a cauliflower crust because of taste and concerns that other (unnecessary) ingredients would be added to them. And then I stumbled upon Cauli’flour Foods and their cauliflower pizza crust. I’m the biggest fan of their plant based one because it contains the least amount of ingredients.
- Barnana, Plantain Chips. Holy cows! These rocked my world. Best part? On Saturday when we went grocery shopping at Hy-Vee in Mankato, we spotted them there already. I am basic and dig the plain, Himalayan Pink Salt ones, but if you want a little zing, try the Acupulco Lime.
- Elmhurst Milked, Cashew. This is hands down one of the best plant-based milks I’ve ever had in my life. The reason is simple: they actually use Cashews in their milk vs. water with a couple cashews added. Elmhurst is a client, so I know everything about their process and technologies to make the best nut, grain, and seed “milks” on the market. People couldn’t get enough of this one at Expo. They were also digging the Milked Peanuts + Unsweetened Milked Almonds.
- Purchase: Online at Elmhurst1925.com (because of the technologies it’s shelf-stable and you can have it auto-shipped to you via subscription). A store near you (I’ve seen it at Fresh Market in Shakopee).
- Mikey’s Tortillas. Last year at Expo West I found some coconut tortillas. We bought them a few times after Expo, but they annoyed me so badly because they were super crumbly and I could never do anything with them. So when I found these tortillas from Mikey’s this year, I was excited. I tried them in a Vegan quesadilla they were sampling, and it was incredible.
- Purchase: A store near you.
- Hilary’s Eat Well, Spicy Veggie Breakfast Sausage. I tried a ton of Hilary’s products, and was super impressed with all of them, but I really loved these breakfast sausages that are Vegan. They were hearty, with a great flavor. I didn’t find them very spicy, and I’m very sensitive to spice.
- Nutiva MCT Powder. Obviously by now you know that Nutiva is a long-standing client. I’ve known about this product coming out for a long time now, and I’m excited by it. It has been said that MCT burns fat, boosts energy, and enhances mental clarity.
- Purchase: It’s not available quite yet, but watch their website for official release.
- Nuun, Immunity. I spent time with the Nuun team at Expo West again this year. I love getting the chance to talk to Vishal, who develops all their products (and is an athlete himself). Fun fact that I learned this year is that he develops all of Kara’s hydration nutrition. I also was unaware that she is from Duluth, MN. Anyways, this year they launched a new line, Immunity. Immunity is an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory blend developed to restore and defend immune health. It was designed for athletes and benefits everyone. Given hydration is such a key component in immune health the delivery is the effervescent tablet which is taken with 16 ounces of water per serving. Immunity is the only Non-GMO Project Verified effervescent tablet product on the market, and certified Vegan and Gluten Free and certified Informed Choice – Safe for Sport.
- Purchase: It will be available at the following retailers beginning in spring and into summer 2018: Whole Foods, Sprouts, Fresh Thyme, Earth Fare, Lucky’s, Bartlett Drugs, Pharmaca, PCC Community Markets, REI, Performance Bikes, Running Sports Group (RSG) and 100’s of other independent grocers and sports specialty retailers.
- Om, Mushroom Powder. All the mushrooms, all the time – at least that’s what it seemed like at Expo this year. Mushrooms have picked up quite a bit of steam. I was a fan of this brand because I learned that they grow all their own mushrooms. They have both functional and single-species blends. While the Wildway Foods Smoothie Starter has a ton of amazing things already included, this is a product I’d buy to also add to smoothies, oatmeal, etc. I am very interested in researching the medicinal properties of mushrooms, and as I do, I’m happy to share with you.
- Siete, Grain Free Tortilla Chips Ranch. Siete is constantly coming out with the best in the grain-free chips-snacking category. At Expo, I had the chance to try a new flavor that will be launching, but is not yet available, their Ranch chips. Through Thrive Market, we are constantly buying their Sea Salt Grain Free Tortilla Chips for the kids (and us), and I’ll definitely add these to the rotation once they are available.
- Purchase: They are not available yet, but will be available soon at a store near you.
- Charlotte’s Web, Premium Hemp Extract Supplement. CBD in all the things and conversations was huge at Expo West this year. I was such a fan, in fact, that I included CBD products twice on this list. I tried the Mint Chocolate flavor, and it was fantastic. Learn more about hemp CBD through their blog (which I love for it’s clean, simple look).
- Lotus Foods, Ramen Noodle Soup Cups. Lotus Foods is another client, but I adore them for so many reasons, namely, their mission, but also that they have created rice, ramen, and pad thai noodles that I can actually eat (because they are gluten free and rice-based). First they upped the ante when they came out with pure, crap-free ramen noodles (we buy THESE because there is nothin’ but noodle there), and now they have upped it even more. Releasing sometime this summer will be the Ramen Noodle Soup Cups. You realize what that means, right? On-the-go ramen soup, like the traditional, but made for those who care to have a quality product.
- Made in Nature, tons of brand new snacks. I can’t, we can’t, get enough of Made in Nature because…..snacks. Snacks for me, snacks for Ryan, snacks for the kids, and snacks for on-the-go. At Expo West they released, Dried Dragon Fruit (this was my favorite, exotic and delicious – nothing added, it’s just the fruit), Mango Pops, Veggie Pops (LOVED these, especially because I can’t do dried fruit 24/7. Plant-based, crunchy snacks made with whole vegetables, seeds, nuts, and legumes. One serving of this snack gives you 2 servings of vegetables, 8 grams of protein, and 4 grams of fiber. These come in 3 flavors Salt and Pepper, Broccoli Cheddar, Sour Cream and Onion.), and Raspberry Chocolate Berry Pops (healthy indulgence for cravings).
- Purchase: They are not available in stores yet, but if you stay tuned to their website you can see when they will be available. In the meantime, the rest of their products are everywhere – even Walmart in Waseca 🙂
- Justin’s, Dark Chocolate Cashew Butter Cups. I’m not sure I even need to say much about these because….dark chocolate + cashew butter in a cup.
- Purchase: They are not available yet, but watch their website for release.
- Justin’s, Maple Cashew Butter. Long before I developed my own nut butter line, I was obsessed with them. When people ask me, “What do you eat nut butter with?” My response is usually just, “A spoon.” Seriously. A spoon is all you need with nut butters like this. Remember, it’s why my company was called, “A Loving Spoon nut butters.” This new flavor, Maple Cashew Butter, that Justin’s is releasing fits the same bill. Spoon, dip, spoon, indulge.
- Purchase: It is not available yet, but watch their website for release.
- Grillo’s Pickles. I don’t know what it was about these pickles, but dang were they good. Note: I didn’t see Bubbies there (they were obv there, though), but I’m also a huge, huge Bubbies fan. I was mostly digging the Bread & Butter Chips.
- Purchase: A store near you.
- Sir Kensington’s, Ranch. I have missed Ranch dressing for years (I can’t even remember the last time I had the traditional Ranch), so when I saw Sir Kensington’s was launching their own version, I couldn’t wait to try it. And let me tell you – it did not disappoint. I even think Ryan is going to love it! It will come in four “flavors:” Classic, Pizza, Avocado Oil, and Buffalo. I tried the Classic and Buffalo at Expo West with veggies and as soon as they release, we are buying all four.
- Purchase: This product is not yet available, but if you go to their homepage, you can be notified when the products are ready.
- Hail Merry, Salted Brownie Bar Bite. I’ve been a longtime fan of Hail Merry. I think they do Paleo treats in a fantastic way. These are made with such simple ingredients, but were the perfect chocolate-craving bite at Expo West. I took one to go, too 🙂
- Purchase: I don’t think these are available anywhere yet, but watch their website for release.
- Water galore. This isn’t a certain water brand because I am saving that for a post on its own, but I noticed a major hydration trend at Expo West this year. Plain water, collagen water, sparkling water, vitamin and mineral-boosted water, etc. You name it, it’s probably out there now. Right after Expo, Eviva Collagen Elixir sent me product. Ryan and I tried it on Saturday night, and I enjoy it. Will it make you think you are drinking a sugary lemonade version of water? No. But I can definitely tell they added the boost of collagen, and I will drink it. (You can grab my favorite, the Lavender Lemon on Thrive Market.)
- Barlean’s Organic Ideal CBD Hemp Oil. This was the second CBD product I tried. I think the flavor on this one is incredible….if you like that earthy-plant taste. It was truly authentic to what I’d envision from a CBD oil.
- Purchase: This is not available yet, but watch their website for release.
- Paleo Bar, Chocolate Lava and Cookie Dough. By now you know about my obsession with Paleo Bar. I talk about them all the time, and last year they made my Top 5 Favorite Paleo Bars list. Up until Expo West, though, the sun butter one is the only one I’ve ever had. I tried these two new-to-me flavors at Expo West, but I don’t think they are new by any means. Loved them. Both of them.
- Teton Waters Ranch, 100% Grass-Fed Sausage. I spent a lot of time eating snacks, so whenever I’d find something hearty and meaty, I was all in. However, I met Teton Waters Ranch at a private breakfast I was invited to. My two favorite brands present at the breakfast were Teton Waters Ranch and Vital Farms. Eggs and sausage? Yes, please.
- Purchase: A store near you (Costco carries).
- Lakanto, Brownie Mix. I no longer consume Stevia on a daily basis. We broke up quite some time back. (In small quantities, sometimes, I’ll allow it, but I would never just buy Stevia packets or liquid anymore.) Instead, there are three main sweeteners we use in our house: Monkfruit, Coconut Sugar, and Honey. Lakanto is the company for all things Monkfruit, and at Expo they released their Brownie Mix. Holy Hannah – get those away from me. Or not. Seriously, don’t take them away. They are so good!
- Purchase: They are not yet available, but watch their website for release.
- Numi Organic Tea, Moroccan Mint. In my mind, there are really only two tea brands I toggle between: Traditional Medicinals and Numi Organic Tea. But this year at Expo, I spent my time focused on Numi because I just adore their Director of Marketing. She invited me to a happy hour and they served cocktails infused with their Moroccan Mint tea. I wondered after I left if it would be appropriate to start every day like that? I mean, all in the name of drinking more tea, yes?! But seriously, love this flavor.
- Mikey’s, Pizza Crust. There are so many make-your-own Paleo pizza crusts out there now. Yes, I could make it myself, but the reason I don’t? Time. Okay? There is a 1, 2, and 4-year-old who have been missing all the pizza because the 1 and 2 year old have some gut issues and pizza always makes for a disaster. When I saw that Mikey’s has a pre-made Paleo pizza crust, I decided that pizza and a movie night should happen soon.
- Hodo, 5 Spice Nuggets. I wish I could tell you why I love firm tofu so much, but I just can’t describe it. And I don’t describe it because most people think tofu sounds disgusting so they couldn’t care less. But these 5 Spice Nuggets were so dang good. I know, I know….soy. I’m not a huge fan myself, but if I’m going to eat it – Hodo is where it’s at.
- Purchase: A store near you.
- Hodo, Yuba Noodles. And their noodles. People couldn’t get enough of them. They were served in tiny cups, but I was over there all, “Could you just get me a plate?!”
- Purchase: A store near you.
- Georgia Grinders, Pecan Butter. Their Pecan nut butter is incredible. It’s got the perfect consistency, and even though it’s not “dessert” by nature, I eat it by the spoonful, dessert-style. That said, if you are looking for dessert, they also make a Maple-Caramel Almond Butter that is fantastic!
And there you have my top 29 2018 Expo West finds.
Were you at the show? Did you write a “top finds” post? If so, could you link to it below so we have even more awesome products to share?!
If you enjoy my posts on the gut and/or healing + true wellness with food and lifestyle click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter. If you enjoy my posts on life, inspiration, passion, entrepreneurship, adoption, love, thoughts, faith and living in a way that gives us purpose, daily click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter (a different one). To follow the blog in general, be sure to place it in your feed.