I am asked all of the time, “What is gluten? And how do you become gluten free?” In honor of Foodie Friday today, I thought I would start out with some very basic stuff…..a Gluten Free 101! Ready?!
Gluten Free 101
Click HERE to save this post for later.
Some basics on the “safe” list
- Arrowroot flour
- Xanthan gum
- Guar gum
Some basics on the “unsafe” list
4 of the most basic tips
- Just because something says “Wheat Free” does not mean it is “Gluten Free.”
- Traditional beer is out! (Is Alcohol Gluten Free?)
- Watch out for salad dressings. I make my own!
- The easiest way to begin is by eating foods in the “whole-food form.” (ie. plain & whole fruits, vegetables, and meats)
- How To Gluten Free on a Budget
- Making Gluten Free a Game
- 7 Things Learned from 7 Years Gluten Free
- 124 Wheat and Gluten Sources and Alternate Names
- 4 Reasons Your Gluten Free Diet is Keeping You Miserable
- Library of gluten free recipes
- All gluten free e-books
What other questions do you have? Do you live your life gluten free? Are you thinking of living it that way?