Before I dive in on embracing change and sharing my 2018 goals, just like last year, I wanted to share the 2017 top 17 life events.
2017 proved to hold a mix of emotions, but even still, so many amazing things happened this past year.
2017 Top 17 Life Events
- In January we said goodbye to Ceci. She was my hardest goodbye.
- Mayacamas Ranch Retreat. I finally went on a retreat with a great friend – alone, in a ton of silence, for a couple days. Tragically, the ranch was burned down in the recent California fires, so I am grateful to have so many beautiful pictures and memories of the place.
- My health changed dramatically – for the better! I am doing better now than ever before, by far. I wrote about it recently in the Top 11 Ways I Continued Healing in 2017.
- I released the recipes for all A Loving Spoon nut butter flavors.
- The babies grew and grew and grew. Isaiah turned two (and is a tank!), Amiya turned one (and is the 98th percentile for height), and Samarah turned four (more like a little girl than baby or toddler – breaking my heart daily).
- I hiked Yosemite with JJ, my brother, and Ryan.
- I faced my fears. 2017’s one word was, “Unafraid.” I did many things I’ve been afraid of for so long. One of them was….
- Trail running. I became a trail runner mid-to-end of 2017. I conquered the fears I had around it, and it became one of my greatest joys.
- We adopted Amiya, making us an official family of five.
- Developed an amazing friendship with Elisabeth, which has and will be a blessing in so many different ways.
- Had my work shown on Shark Tank, and grew my client list and portfolio exponentially.
- Hired a virtual assistant to help with my blog, new e-book (!), and more.
- Joined the Beautycounter team, and got much more interested in safer skin and body care.
- Celebrated 9 Years with Ryan. As we thought about writing the blog post, “Chapter Nineteen: One Way Ticket,” it occurred to us that with me coming alone with the girls, people might start wondering, “Hmmmm….without Ryan and Isaiah? That’s strange.” But nope. Nothing strange about it – it will all make sense eventually. I love Ryan more today than ever before!
- Found Thanksgiving. My dad was diagnosed with Cancer around Thanksgiving, and even still – I wrote an entire post about all the things I was thankful for. I don’t pretend that the news was and is anything but the worst event of 2017. But we are hopeful, and praying for the best.
- Spoke on ‘Difficult Times‘ at the San Joaquin Foster Care Holiday event.
- Began Chapter Nineteen: One Way Ticket home to Minnesota. And not turning back.
How about you? 2017 top life events?
If you enjoy my posts on the gut and/or healing + true wellness with food and lifestyle click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter. If you enjoy my posts on life, inspiration, passion, entrepreneurship, adoption, love, thoughts, faith and living in a way that gives us purpose, daily click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter (a different one). To follow the blog in general, be sure to place it in your feed.