Time flies, or so Ceci reminded me of the simple fact this week.
On August 6, 2016, our adventures with Cecilia began, which means that this is the third “installment” of things Cecilia has learned, realized, thought, felt, etc. while being in the United States and living with us.
Month 3: Me to Ceci
- Family is where your heart lies, not what a blood test tells you. This past month, my mom and brother came to visit, as did Ryan’s mom and dad. Everyone loved Ceci, and no, not just because she made pizza both times (!), but because she is Ceci. When Ryan’s parents were here, we got in the car with all the babies, and headed for Manteca to the last away Volleyball game we would attend this season. When the game was over, Ryan’s dad asked if someone could take our picture. Later that night, he sent the picture to us. I couldn’t stop looking at it. There in one small space was a family built by love, not from blood, and even though she’s going home in a couple months, I will forever think of her as family.
- And pizza. This past month, Ceci attempted a homemade gluten-free pizza so that I could try it, too. Total winner! She said it’s just water, flour and yeast. I know that so many people have been asking for the recipe, so perhaps she and I can put it together before she leaves? The crust just plain rocks! And now she has a new skill to take back to Italy in case she meets any crazies like me!
- A Child’s Eyes. You’ll see that Ceci mentions this below. But she really does capture the best and most amazing things. When most teenagers couldn’t care less to stop and take note of baby love, she does it all the time. She got this video of Isaiah and Amiya on Sunday. My heart stopped for just a second. Thank you, thank you.
Month 3: Ceci to Me
Verbatim, what she wrote to me this month, on November 6, 2016.
- Be yourself and love who you are….because when you meet someone that you have never seen before and this person shows interest, appreciation, and admiration towards you, that moment has no price. So, never hide your personality, people will love you for who you are.
- Time flies….live every second of your life and experience as much as you can if you have the opportunity because time flies and if you don’t do so, you’ll finish regretting every single chance you didn’t take.
- Try to see the world with a child’s eyes…make yourself questions, try not to take everything for granted, because sometimes the easiest question can have the hardest of the answers.
No, friends, you cannot make that up from a 17-year-old.
We are less than two months from her United States departure.
p.s. This weekend we are taking her to Hollywood!
If you enjoy my posts on the gut and/or healing + true wellness with food and lifestyle click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter. If you enjoy my posts on life, inspiration, passion, entrepreneurship, adoption, love, thoughts, faith and living in a way that gives us purpose, daily click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter (a different one). To follow the blog in general, be sure to place it in your feed.