There is inspiration all around. You really only have to open your heart and mind in order to see it.
On August 6, 2016, our adventures with Cecilia began, which means that this is the second “installment” of things Cecilia has learned, realized, thought, felt, etc. while being in the United States and living with us.
In case you missed month one, you can read it via Being Curious Makes You Richer.
Inspiration All Around
Month 2: Me to Ceci
- You helped us celebrate Samarah’s third birthday this past month, and the best part of it was the unexpected birthday sign (in Italian) you made for her. We did so many things for her birthday to help show you how important birthdays are to our family, but you shared with us that they are equally as important in Italy and to your family.
- We all spent an awesome day in San Francisco. You and I did a Cable Car, then toured Alcatraz together. My stand out moment from the day was the feeling of being in the prison, then stepping outside to overlook the beautiful bay and San Francisco. The audio guide told us about how prisoners would do the very same things while locked in prison, knowing there was a whole world out there, living life. I thought long and hard about how you and I are kind of like those prisoners, in very different ways, of course. You have been inspired because you took a leap of faith heading out into the world where a whole new life was waiting.
- You helped us welcome another baby. I am grateful that you have helped us welcome Amiya so gracefully. These are life-changing transitions that are hard for us, much less a Senior in high school just trying to study, play volleyball, and settle into a normal American life. We will always remember that you were here and a part of our journey.
Month 2: Ceci to Me
Ceci began her letter for the month with, “I can’t believe it’s already been two months….!”
She continued on with several paragraphs but then highlighted her three things in blue, yellow, and orange. (Side note: These are the same highlighters Samarah attempts to use almost every night when she wants to “do homework” with Ceci.”)
In a nutshell:
- Knowing new people makes you understand a lot of things about yourself.
- This month I’ve learned the importance of being generous.
- This month I’ve learned how to let myself be inspired by the people who surround me.
She also wrote, “This month I’ve met a lot of people and what I’ve learned from them is that each of us has a different story, a different background, different thoughts and point of view, different lives, problems and things to be happy for.”
There is inspiration all around. Ceci told me recently she doesn’t understand how some people can complain all the time, mostly about nothing. She told me, “Life isn’t that bad.”
She is 17, and she has traveled the world. She is optimistic and full of great energy, vibes, thoughts, and love.
To her, she is letting herself be inspired by people that surround her.
To us, she has equally been this inspiration all around.
If you enjoy my posts on the gut and/or healing + true wellness with food and lifestyle click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter. If you enjoy my posts on life, inspiration, passion, entrepreneurship, adoption, love, thoughts, faith and living in a way that gives us purpose, daily click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter (a different one). To follow the blog in general, be sure to place it in your feed.