For the third year in a row, I am on the 2016 Natural Products Expo West Blogging Team. What this means is that not only do I have access to anything and everything at the show, but I will also be tasked with coming back after the show to share my top 3 overall picks.
2016 Natural Products Expo West
Anyone who is passionate about natural products and lifestyle attends this show. It is like Disneyland for those of us who share this common passion.
I expect this year to be just as difficult.
But what I’m doing this year vs. year’s past is researching prior to attending the show. The show is ginormous and there is no way on Earth to hit up everything. You must have a plan of attack for each and every single moment you’re there. My schedule is already fairly booked up (I’m going mostly with Nutiva because they are my jam), but with any free time I have every intention of being intentional for who I visit.
My schedule is already fairly booked (I’m going mostly with Nutiva because they are my jam), but with any free time, I have every intention of being intentional for who I visit.
Expo West is filled with various categories, which include things like grocery, health & beauty, healthcare, herbs, natural home & textiles and more.
I don’t know a lot about natural home & textiles, so I didn’t include it below, but I am hoping to explore this category more while there.
What I do know about is the grocery category, so this is the largest list I have put together. I know less about baby, health & beauty so those are also shorter lists. You will find my hot list for each below.
HERE is a list of all brands and companies who will be at Expo West in the Grocery Category.
My hot list includes:
- ALTER ECO (might be the best-ever chocolate + my mom wants to know more – anything for her!)
- Angie’s Boomchickapop (Angie is a mentor and friend)
- Bare Snacks
- Blue Bottle Coffee
- Califia Farms (Fact: Blue Bottle Coffee uses their milk)
- Daily Greens
- Dang Foods
- Enjoy Life Foods
- Fashion Snackz, Inc. “Deez Nutz”
- Forager Project
- Guayaki Yerba Mate
- HimalaSalt (I might be a tad bit obsessed over Himalayan Salt, but it’s so good for the adrenals.)
- Humm Kombucha (my favorite!)
- Luna & Larry’s Coconut Bliss
- Marley Coffee (I featured them last year. They are super awesome.)
- Nutiva (Can’t find me? Chances are I’m here! And you should be, too.)
- Primal Kitchen (reader request)
- Pure Bar Company
- Real Bone Broth (People love my free bone broth e-book, but I’m always asked, “What do you recommend for a packaged one if I’m short on time?!” I guess I might find out!)
- Rebel Kitchen
- Spicely Organics
- The Paleo Diet Bar
- Traditional Medicinals (obviously)
- Vital Proteins
- Wild Planet Foods
Is there any brand or company from the Grocery Category that you’d love me to check out for you? Comment below or contact me!
There isn’t a specific category for this, but there are many natural baby products each year at Expo West.
My hot list includes:
- Baby Mantra
- California Organics
- Charlie Banana
- Earth Mama Angel Baby
- Love Child Organics
- The Honest Company (I rarely buy from them, but I’d love to learn more about them and why I should.)
- Jack N’ Jill Natural Toothpaste (Samarah loves to “brush a teef”)
Is there any baby brand or company that you’d love me to check out for you? Comment below or contact me!
Health & Beauty
HERE is a list of all brands and companies who will be at Expo West in the Health & Beauty Category.
My hot list includes:
- Babo Botanicals
- Dr. Bronner’s
- Gaia Herbs
- Goddess Garden
- Lunette Menstrual Cups
- Restore (reader request)
- Thayers Natural Remedies
- Wedderspoon Organic
Is there any brand or company from the Health & Beauty Category that you’d love me to check out for you? Comment below or contact me!
Finally, I am on a mission to pull together images and descriptions of various mission-driven brands found in the Exhibit Hall. This is part of my task for the Expo, and I am super excited about doing this. At the end of the day, “natural” (to me) is really only that if the business doesn’t stand on a strong mission or demonstrate a clear purpose.
There are over 2,500 booths at the event so I’m hoping to find, and report back on many more.
p.s. Will you be there?!