What I want this morning is a gigantic bowl of bone broth and a couple Baked Breakfast Turkey Patties.
I’m heading to my commercial kitchen this morning, and this breakfast is the perfect one for the pre-car ride or to take with me (since everyone always wants to know about simple breakfasts-on-the-run).
You won’t need many things. In fact, you only need 5 main ingredients: an organic, free range egg, 1 pound ground Kosher turkey, 1 whole zucchini, fresh rosemary and fresh thyme.
Oh, and a mini brownie pan, too. I mean, I guess you could use whatever you wanted, but this is how they formed into perfectly sized “patties” for me.
Baked Breakfast Turkey Patties
Click HERE to save this post for later.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Brush the mini brownie pan with Avocado Oil spray (or oil of your choice).
Peel and de-seed the zucchini and cut into a few pieces lengthwise.
Shred the zucchini in a food processor.
Note: Why zucchini? Well did you know that mashed zucchini can take the place of eggs in many recipes? I’ve never found it to be super effective, but I like to do it in recipes like this where I have a little egg (i.e. one) – and where adding zucchini would be an added recipe benefit.
Once the zucchini has been shredded, place all your ingredients in a bowl and mix together by hand.
Form the meat into “brownie patties,” and place the pan in the oven to bake for about 42 minutes.
Remove from the oven and enjoy immediately or save for later…..like me, today, on the run to my commercial kitchen to go a nut butter’ing!
- 1 egg, organic, free-range
- 1 pound Kosher ground turkey (I used full fat)
- 1 zucchini, peeled and de-seeded
- ½ Tbsp fresh rosemary
- ½ Tbsp fresh thyme
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Chosen Foods Avocado Oil spray (to gently brush your pan with)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray the mini brownie pan with Avocado Oil spray.
- Peel and de-seed the zucchini and cut into a few pieces lengthwise.
- Shred the zucchini in a food processor.
- Once the zucchini has been shredded, place all your ingredients in a bowl and mix together by hand.
- Form the meat into “brownie patties,” and place the pan in the oven to bake for about 42 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy immediately or save for later.
If you enjoy my posts on the gut and/or healing + true wellness with food and lifestyle click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter. If you enjoy my posts on life, inspiration, passion, entrepreneurship, adoption, love, thoughts, faith and living in a way that gives us purpose, daily click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter (a different one). To follow the blog in general, be sure to place it in your feed.