I’m giving you 8 ways to survive the holidays with IBS or IBD today.
8 Ways to Survive the Holidays with IBS or IBD
Click HERE to save for later.
- Become a list maker. This goes along with stress, but make a list of your priorities. You simply cannot get everything done. Trying to be a superwoman this time of year will do nothing for your gut, but cause you more stress and more agony. Make a list, check it twice and then don’t continue fretting over the rest.
- Heed your body. Some of my clients have morning problems, going to the bathroom every hour, uncontrollably. Some of my clients get progressively worse as the day goes on, becoming more bloated, constipated and miserable. You already know which you are. During your “off” times, don’t over plan.
- Perfect online shopping. If your body goes into flare-up mode, don’t worry about being out and about. Do your shopping at home – online (hello, Amazon Prime!), or do a modified version of your shopping by simply picking up various gift cards. I said it in my Holiday, 2012 post, but everyone loves a gift card.
- A Holiday “You.” Take care of you this holiday season. Engage in a daily session of yoga, meditation, walk, workout or relaxation exercise. And please, don’t justify it or feel bad about it. You are important.
- Pamper. Speaking of “you,” go ahead and pamper. Take some time out to do something nice for yourself this Holiday Season: massage, pedicure, manicure, hot bath, a coffee or tea date alone, journal time, aromatherapy, a facial, etc.
- Food. This goes along with the “desserts and sugar.” You must be careful if you don’t want a huge flare-up to occur. Eat, indulge and be merry, but remember that overloading your system with too much will definitely cause a flare up. IBS and IBD don’t care if it’s a holiday.
- Hydrate. Drink water, water and more water. I promise this helps! I mentioned in The Little Things Add Up that I aim for 1-1.5 gallons per day.
If you enjoy my posts on the gut and/or healing + true wellness with food and lifestyle click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter. If you enjoy my posts on life, inspiration, passion, entrepreneurship, adoption, love, thoughts, faith and living in a way that gives us purpose, daily click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter (a different one). To follow the blog in general, be sure to place it in your feed.