My mother got a Yonanas from my brother this past Christmas.
I was hooked immediately. The first time we used it we simply just used bananas. We topped it with some Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup. No judging….it was Christmas:) Besides, how can anyone deny themselves a little Hershey’s from time-to-time? (p.s. Speaking of Hershey’s and way off topic, the Hershey’s “it” girl is one of my BFF’s – give her a shout out – @ahhnalin!)
Alright, back to business.
My mother is the greatest, but of course you already knew that from this. Among many other things, she had my very own Yonanas shipped to me for my birthday.
I think this came to me at the perfect time in my life. Since I’m nearly nil sugar, nil carbs and in a deep, dark place with no watermelon, bananas have saved me. I’m sure you’ve read: Watermelon. Digestion. And Bananas. If not, have a quick read!
One night awhile back I figured
I might as well get creative with adding some protein to my Yonanas dessert.
Scratch that, this wasn’t about creativity. It was about chocolate and peanut butter, while still remaining low sugar and manageable for my digestive system.
Enter a new gluten-free recipe!
Yonanas Protein Chunky Monkey
- very ripe bananas (frozen to be placed in the Yonanas)
- 1 scoop Rainbow Light Protein Energizer
- 1 tsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Make the “Yonanas” according to the Yonanas instruction booklet
- After the Yonanas has been made, add all other ingredients and stir by hand
- IF you do not have a Yonanas, you can still make this! Just place a very, very ripe banana in a blender with all other ingredients. Blend, and then place in the fridge until it’s nice and cool! (I make NO money from Yonanas, but here is where you can buy your very own. Or get really creative and use your 20% off coupon from Bed, Bath & Beyond and get a fancy deal on it.)