They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I would agree. But if you were my client, I would not make you eat it. Why? Because I think too often people’s minds are filled with this notion. And in return they reach for a Snicker’s Bar or other junk food just to eat something for breakfast.
If you’re not hungry in the morning, then don’t make yourself indulge in a big breakfast. But as for me….breakfast is key! Ryan and I are funny like that. We could wake up for an early morning flight at 4am and be starving. It doesn’t matter when we wake up. It only matters that when we do wake up, food is readily available.
But again, don’t just eat just to eat.
If you are starving like we typically are and have a little time, here are 4 breakfast ideas:
- Gluten-Free Baked Apple Oatmeal A La Mode
- Tofu Scramble
- Breakfast Stir Fry
- Really big appetite? Do a fresh-from-the farm theme! Ryan loves this one: 2-3 eggs, cooked to your liking + Applegate Organic Chicken Apple Sausage + 2 slices toast (whole grain, high fiber for Ryan; Udi’s Gluten Free for me) topped with the new Laughing Cow Smooth Sensations Strawberries and Cream (1/3 less fat) and “sprinkled” with fresh, sliced strawberries
If you are not hungry and short on time, just grab something small for the road. Here are 3 quick breakfast ideas:
- Rice cakes topped with your favorite topping (need ideas? here are 16 of them)
- Apple slices smothered with the new Laughing Cow Smooth Sensations Cinnamon Cream (1/3) less fat) and sprinkled with cinnamon
- Greek Yogurt Parfait. Grab a small container. Layer the bottom with your favorite Greek Yogurt, then fruit or granola, more yogurt and topped with fruit or granola. Put a cover on it, and enjoy in an hour or so when you are hungry.
And while we have breakfast on the mind, check out these four tips for starting your day off right! (<– There could be more breakfast ideas there!)
Breakfast -> Like it? Love it? Leave it?
Have any awesome breakfast ideas you’ve recently made? Leave your link here so I can check it out!
What would you do with the new Laughing Cow Smooth Sensations Cream Cheese?