It’s been quite a week for me. Many things going on in both my professional and personal life. The weather is calling for rain for most of this upcoming weekend, but that truly excites me. It doesn’t happen very often, but sometimes there’s just nothing better than my fireplace, warm tea and the boob tube (<<– do you guys still call the TV that?!)
Likely, the most exciting thing that happened for me this week was this:
I would love to work with him someday. And until then, I think you should all know about his extraordinary work. I’m working on a Dr. Mark Hyman post to hopefully share with you all sooner than later!
Since I want to be lazy this weekend, I’ll invite you all to do the same, starting with a “lazy” recipe. Yes, I think of my slow cooker as being a lazy item, but it’s still one hell of an item! After all, the Slow-Cooked & Gluten-Free Butternut Squash Chili is still a favorite!
I first saw this recipe in my Oxygen Magazine. I have, obviously, changed mine up a bit. (My sauce was a little different, I didn’t do the greens the way they did and I used way more chicken.)
Tandoori Chicken for the Slow Cooker
- 4 chicken boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 15-oz can chickpeas
- 2 pears
- collard greens
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt (set 1/2 cup aside)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1″ ginger, minced
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut a few large splits across the width of the chicken breast.
- Drain chickpeas and cut pears into slices. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1/2 c. yogurt with remaining sauce ingredients.
- Place chickpeas into the slow cooker. (I also added a little water to the bottom.) Smear the tandoori sauce on both sides of the chicken breast and place on top of the chickpeas. Cover and cook on low for about 5-6 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken from the slow cooker. Stir in the remaining yogurt and pear pieces. Add chicken back to heat through for a short amount of time.
- Meanwhile, prepare your greens however you’d like. (We just sauteed them up in Olive Oil.)
- Place Tandoori Chicken over your greens and serve.
Question: Do you think using the slow cooker is lazy or purely genius?!
It doesn cast her in the best of light
woolrich arctic parka How Did Kids Dress in the 80s
chanel espadrillesMade Materials You Won’t Believe Exist
burberry schal hat ways within the 1990s
Gucci Pixies High Heel Platform Shoes with Zipper Details
woolrich jassen thus appropriate for the modest Muslim girl’s lifestyle
How to Buy Luxury Watches for Under
woolrich jacken footjoy women’s lopro extraction
Hard money or Private money longest terms
sac longchamp listings for tybee region through ga
Chinese Luxury Brands on the Move
outlet woolrich approach celebrities and employ of clutches
Eight Things You Didn’t Know
Cases For Iphone 6 making it the first building on campus to open onto this street
Back to School in Ballet Shoes and Pointe Shoes
valentino shoes making note of your waist
Alaska Air Carries Association Annual Awards
Hollister london grandma’s undesirable layout delicious chocolates cake formulas
If you enjoy my posts on the gut and/or healing + true wellness with food and lifestyle click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter. If you enjoy my posts on life, inspiration, passion, entrepreneurship, adoption, love, thoughts, faith and living in a way that gives us purpose, daily click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter (a different one). To follow the blog in general, be sure to place it in your feed.