Chocolate and peanut butter. Peanut butter and chocolate. You know you think of the delicious combination when you think Valentine’s Day! Heck, you probably think of the combination 360 days a year. Don’t be ashamed. I do, too! Let’s just embrace it for now.
I had been boasting about my gluten-free puppy chow since the holidays. I finally got it altogether, in one place, just in time for you – for Valentine’s Day! It’s so simple to make so go for it right now!
Gluten-Free Puppy Chow
- 2 x 6 oz bag of Scharffen Berger 62% Cacao Semisweet Chocolate Baking Chunks
- 1 c. natural peanut butter
- 1 box Rice Chex (gluten free)
- organic powdered sugar (use as much or as little as you’d like)
- Melt chocolate chunks and peanut butter together in a pan on the stove
- Place the cereal in a bowl
- Pour the chocolate chunk + peanut butter mixture over the cereal
- Stir mixture carefully until all the Chex Mix is covered with the mixture
- Pour mixture into a brown paper bag (I had help with this – you’ll likely need another pair of hands)
- Add powdered sugar
- Shake carefully, holding the bottom of the bag
- Pour mixture out
- Eat now or save for later
ps. NO judging! I had just gotten over the flu right before the holidays.