Create your healthy lifestyle, but know that a healthy lifestyle looks different for everyone. The core principles of what makes a healthy lifestyle are fairly standard across the board. At The Institute for Integrative Nutrition we learn about Primary Foods and Secondary Foods.
Create Your Healthy Lifestyle
Click HERE to save this post for later.
Primary Foods Include
- physical activity
Secondary Foods Include
In other words “lifestyle” mixed with food, but lifestyle outweighing food, which makes perfect sense.
People aren’t unhealthy and overweight because of food. They are unhealthy and overweight because of the underlying issues which lead to an unbalanced relationship with food.
At the core of a healthy lifestyle is bringing these issues and imbalances to the surface.
Make this the year, the month, the week, the day, the moment, you will create your healthy lifestyle by looking to things other than just food for true results.
Understand that you will not change because you know you should, but instead, you will change because you desire to look at the big picture in a new light.
Focus on your lifestyle and those primary foods. Ask yourself questions such as:
- Do I overeat because I’m constantly stressed at work?
- Do I eat too little because I’m in a poor relationship, and I’m trying to control at least one part of my life?
- Do I eat junk food 24/7 because I haven’t taken the time to care for myself with physical activity….why start now?!
Rate where you are now. Rate where you want to be in a year. And make a plan for getting from here to there.
Sources to help
- The Gutsy Girl’s Bible: an approach to healing the gut, 2.0
- Healthy Lifestyle on Pinterest
- 1-on-1 Health Coaching with me
- Go to Nutrition School
- Join a 21-day group program (if there is one currently available) for support on both diet and lifestyle