Typical breaded stuffing and pumpkin pie might be out for us g-free’ers this time of year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a delightful, gluten-free Thanksgiving. I have put together 15 simple gluten free Thanksgiving items today!
We go to my sister and brother-in-laws each year for the holiday. My brother-in-law is a fantastic cook and there are several things he always ensures are gluten free for me. Last year was nothing short of fabulous!
I am fortunate that family and friends (for the most part) are very supportive. But if I were at home celebrating Thanksgiving with just Ryan and myself, the Thanksgiving meal would likely look much different. Remember, I like to facilitate ease and simplicity with my gluten-free cooking and baking when at all possible.
15 Simple Gluten Free Thanksgiving Items
Click HERE to save this for later.
- Raw Nuts (munch on these while waiting around, talking and just being – use a nutcracker if you can, as it will help you to avoid overeating handfuls upon handfuls!)
- A Light and Gluten-Free Fall Salad (let’s get this party started!)
- Sweet Potatoes (plain, with brown sugar, butter, Greek yogurt, etc.)
- Turkey (Buy it plain and add to it fresh spices and herbs, lemon, garlic, etc. Be cautious of pre-made turkey that has non-gluten-free seasonings.)
- Acorn Squash Stuffed Quinoa & Blue Cheese
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (flavor the way you like them)
- Cranberry Sauce (try this simple one: Cranberry Sauce with Clementines and Cinnamon)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Grapes & Walnuts
- Gluten-Free Bread Stuffing (note: I like Udi’s Gluten-Free Bread. substitutions I would make: ghee butter in place of the salted butter and my homemade chicken broth in place of the pre-made chicken broth – make up a huge batch of it, and freeze, taking out little-by-little for recipes like this, saving you time and money!)
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding. Healing + yum!
- Roasted Vegetables
- Mini Layered Apple Pie. You won’t even believe how delicious this is!
- Gluten-Free Baked Apple Crumble
- Wine! –> a Thanksgiving staple
- Really Vanilly Whipped Cream (cream – real – whipped cream)
Ps. Wondering why “gravy” was not on the list? I don’t like it. I would never make it. So I’m not going to be fake and put it on here as I would eat it myself:) I think you’ll understand. But just in case you don’t, here is a gluten-free gravy recipe!
Make sure to eat up and delightfully enjoy the food and day. Remember to not worry about the calories; Friday will be a new day to get back on your track. Thanksgiving is your day to enjoy these 15 simple gluten free Thanksgiving items, family and friends around you!
Question: What is your favorite (and simple) gluten free Thanksgiving item?
If you enjoy my posts on the gut and/or healing + true wellness with food and lifestyle click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter. If you enjoy my posts on life, inspiration, passion, entrepreneurship, adoption, love, thoughts, faith and living in a way that gives us purpose, daily click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter (a different one). To follow the blog in general, be sure to place it in your feed.