One day on Twitter I mentioned that I once made a Grilled Peanut Butter & Laughing Cow Cheese Sandwich. You can understand how this sparked interest and curiosity! I think people said, “mmmmm….” just to say it. But let me tell you, “mmmmm…” was simply an understatement for how awesome it was. And then someone told me, “Yeah, I love Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches.” And even though that’s not what I said, the idea had me thinking: How could I make my own Grilled Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwich?
Here’s the truth: most jams freak me out! Why? Because they are plump full of preservatives and unnecessary sugars. Actually, to be honest, it grosses me out. And so I made my own – ready to share with you!
(Side note: Based on your feedback and the pain it has been to print off whole posts for just the recipe, I have made it very easy to print only the recipes! Moving forward, at the bottom of each post you will see a, “Like it? Print it here!” Just click that and you will have just the recipe!)
- 4 strawberries
- Heaping spoon of Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 1 Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss Original
- Stevia – just a pinch
- Peanut Butter (whatever kind you fancy)
- Bread (I used Udi’s Gluten Free)
- Olive Oil
- Blend together the strawberries, yogurt, cheese and stevia to make your jelly
- Spread the jelly on one side of the bread
- Spread the peanut butter on the other side of the bread
- Fold and brush with olive oil. Place in a pan, and grill that baby up!
Eating this made me feel like a child all over again! And someday when I am a mommy, this is exactly the sort of thing I’ll be serving up for my kids, too.
This post is brought to you by my #SnackJoy with The Laughing Cow. If you haven’t had the chance to connect with this community come join us on Facebook and Twitter! Joining our communities is like having a group of dedicated “snackers” at your fingertips!