It’s a hot summer here in Northern California! They are saying it’s going to “cool off” to 98 degrees this weekend. I’m not sure about you, but 98 degrees is no “cool off” for me. One thing I love about the heat, are the foods I eat during it and during the summer in general. I eat light – mostly fruits, vegetables and extra lean protein. I don’t crave heavy, hot and steamy things. But along with these lighter and “cooler” foods, of course I crave ice creamy-type things! Don’t get me wrong, they are definitely not a staple, but I do indulge from time-to-time.
And so I decided to whip up a Chocolate Chip Frosty!
Here you go -> Enjoy!
- 1 LARABAR (I used the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough)
- 1 c. Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 c. Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbsp Almond Meal Flour
- 1 c. Greek Yogurt (I used Fage again; use whatever you’d like!)
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 1 Pack Stevia
- Chop the LARABAR in half. Set aside half the bar.
- Place all other ingredients in a blender mixing bowl.
- Blend all ingredients on low until you reach preferred consistency. (I used my KitchenAid, which is a miracle blender.)
- Take finished product and pour into a freezer-safe container. Take the other half of the LARABAR, chop into pieces and drop into mixture.
(Note: If you freeze it for just enough time, you’ll be able to eat it with no problem. If you freeze overnight or for longer, you’ll need to let it sit out quite awhile to unthaw!”)