A good friend of mine recently messaged me, “I feel like I eat ALL DAY LONG! So many snacks and kid food around and I have no willpower! This year I have been trying to eat better and bring my own food. Any recommendations on good low-fat and high energy snacks to have on hand?”
As I travel a lot, and find myself rarely home, I have had to teach myself healthy and gluten-free on-the-go. Because food equals fuel and fuel sustains this lifestyle, now more than ever is the topic of food on-the-go a hot one – not only for me, but for many of you as well!
I promised my friend a post on this, so here you are, some fuel to get your engine started. (Make note: My friend is not gluten free, but I know these options will suffice!)
10 ideas for Gluten-Free On-the-Go:
- Banana + Raw, almond butter
- The Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle + Trader Joe’s Edamame Gluten-Free Crackers/Popchips (Original)
- Raw nuts (I like almonds, the green nut or macadamias. I also love walnuts, but I’m not sure they like me.) + California Raisins
- Coach’s Oats (yes I pack them with me – they even have single-serving packets) + Chobani Greek Yogurt and/or a Banana (Tip: If you are staying somewhere with no microwave, you can even just use hot water and soak the oats for awhile!)
- Any of The Laughing Cow Wedges + an Apple or Pear
- Chobani Greek Yogurt + Kay’s Natural Cereal (French Vanilla)
- Fully-cooked Organic Grilled Chicken + vegetables (pre-make and carry along)
- Kind Bars
- The Laughing Cow Mini Babybel Light (I love eating these as a stand alone!)
- Gluten-Free Granola Vanilla (Udi’s Gluten Free) + Chobani Greek Yogurt
Remember, at the end of the day, I believe there are 2 keys to success:
- Protein + a little fat + a little of the “good” carbs to keep you fuller for longer.
- Eat many small meals a day vs. anything larger. (Note: I eat 5-7, depending on the day)
Coming soon…. more “Pocket-Sized Delights!” Stay tuned!
Good luck! What other questions do you have?!
Count Your Fortunes!
This post is brought to you by my #SnackJoy with The Laughing Cow. If you haven’t had the chance to connect with this community come join us on Facebook and Twitter! Joining our communities is like having a group of dedicated “snackers” at your fingertips!
Featured image provided by Phil Campbell.