A good friend of mine recently messaged me, “I feel like I eat ALL DAY LONG! So many snacks and kid food around and I have no willpower! This year I have been trying to eat better and bring my own food. Any recommendations on good low-fat and high energy snacks to have on hand?”
As I travel a lot, and find myself rarely home, I have had to teach myself healthy and gluten-free on-the-go. Because food equals fuel and fuel sustains this lifestyle, now more than ever is the topic of food on-the-go a hot one – not only for me, but for many of you as well!
I promised my friend a post on this, so here you are, some fuel to get your engine started. (Make note: My friend is not gluten free, but I know these options will suffice!)
10 ideas for Gluten-Free On-the-Go:
- Banana + Raw, almond butter
- The Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle + Trader Joe’s Edamame Gluten-Free Crackers/Popchips (Original)
- Raw nuts (I like almonds, the green nut or macadamias. I also love walnuts, but I’m not sure they like me.) + California Raisins
- Coach’s Oats (yes I pack them with me – they even have single-serving packets) + Chobani Greek Yogurt and/or a Banana (Tip: If you are staying somewhere with no microwave, you can even just use hot water and soak the oats for awhile!)
- Any of The Laughing Cow Wedges + an Apple or Pear
- Chobani Greek Yogurt + Kay’s Natural Cereal (French Vanilla)
- Fully-cooked Organic Grilled Chicken + vegetables (pre-make and carry along)
- Kind Bars
- The Laughing Cow Mini Babybel Light (I love eating these as a stand alone!)
- Gluten-Free Granola Vanilla (Udi’s Gluten Free) + Chobani Greek Yogurt
Remember, at the end of the day, I believe there are 2 keys to success:
- Protein + a little fat + a little of the “good” carbs to keep you fuller for longer.
- Eat many small meals a day vs. anything larger. (Note: I eat 5-7, depending on the day)
Coming soon…. more “Pocket-Sized Delights!” Stay tuned!
Good luck! What other questions do you have?!
Count Your Fortunes!
This post is brought to you by my #SnackJoy with The Laughing Cow. If you haven’t had the chance to connect with this community come join us on Facebook and Twitter! Joining our communities is like having a group of dedicated “snackers” at your fingertips!
Featured image provided by Phil Campbell.
but they cause me no eye fatigue whatsoever
burberry outlet How to Start a Fashion Retail Business
woolrich outletAre tights with shorts inappropriate for summer
woolrich outlet GL with your BW tomorrow
Looking to build a custom home
chanel espadrilles type of garment would do pregnant women prefer in the 1930s
7 Thoughtful Gifts For People Celebrating Their 50th Birthday
woolrich outlet including Food Trucks
Choosing The Best Kids Designer Clothes
burberry schal 29 and Colgate Palmolive Company NYSE
Take a Fashion Dive with Modest Swimwear
hollister uk In September of last year
Support Breast Cancer Awareness Month This October with These Stylish Products
abercrombie and fitch plants and alligators
How To Compare Press Release Distribution Services
moncler jacka dam Align the pieces together
The Super Simple Way to Convert AVI to MP4
woolrich outlet to know how to mix fashion fashion
If you enjoy my posts on the gut and/or healing + true wellness with food and lifestyle click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter. If you enjoy my posts on life, inspiration, passion, entrepreneurship, adoption, love, thoughts, faith and living in a way that gives us purpose, daily click HERE to subscribe to my e-newsletter (a different one). To follow the blog in general, be sure to place it in your feed.