I healed my Perioral Dermatitis naturally.
I was just about to give up and get on antibiotics when miraculously I healed at a rapid pace. I cannot pinpoint any one thing, but there are many things that stand out as to why I healed. While I believe that numbers 1-10 below were CRITICAL, I also believe that it was number 11 which truly ended up being the key factor.
These things worked for me, and if I can even give one person hope that something might work for them, then my job here is done.
Here is How I Did It
- GAPS Diet: I believe the healing was jump started when I went back (intensely) on GAPS. I’m not on GAPS right now, but I believe it was critical then.
- Moringa: Moringa is an amazing herb that I learned about while at the local Farmers’ Market this past summer. It has been used for many things, and while I initially started using it for digestion, I believe it (maybe indirectly) had positive impacts on the skin condition.
- Hemp seed and Hemp oil: Hemp is powerful. In the beginning, I was using Coconut Oil on my face, until the condition seemed to be getting worse. I stopped that, and I started using hemp oil. Additionally, I began consuming a lot of hemp – the seed and oil. We eat it several times a week now in various ways. “Hemp is loaded with all 20 amino acids (including the 9 essential),” and I believe its dense nutrition helped.
- Cod Liver Oil: It’s not that I love it, but rather that cod liver oil is highly anti-inflammatory and since Perioral Dermatitis is inflammation, I needed to anti-inflame as much as possible. (I also did this by eating wild fish more in general.) I took 1tsp each day.
- Probiotic: I returned to my stringent 100 billion/day probiotic protocol.
- Sleep: I have been starving my body from sleep, and in a million ways it manifested into so many unwanted things. I focused on 8+ hours a night. Some nights I could grab more, and some a little less, but the amount of sleep I’m getting overall has greatly increased.
- Nipple Butter and Bottom Balm: You think it sounds crazy, but I swear by this stuff now (–> sorry I stole so much of yours, Samarah!) I’m still not using face creams, but I do toggle between these two items for “face moisturizer.” I just use a little, but it made a huge difference.
- L-glutamine: I’m still sprinkling it on/in things 1-2 times per day.
- Face Wash: I never use traditional face wash anymore. I primarily use Dr. Bronner’s.
- Toothpaste: I stopped using all traditional toothpaste as well, and never buy toothpaste with SLS and/or fluoride. It’s “Earthy,” but I enjoy it -> Earthpaste.
- Consistency: I have all but healed my Perioral Dermatitis, but it took months. There was no quick-fix-overnight scheme. I stayed consistent, and I did items 1-10 on a consistent basis.
A couple weeks ago
Love your guts,