On Thursday, I’m leaving the Minnesota Frozen Tundra and heading to Anaheim, CA, for the Natural Products Expo West. I was chosen to be one of 12 (or 14) for their official West Blogger Editorial Team.
I have been looking forward to attending this show for a few years now, but this year is probably the best year for my Expo debut. The “Natural Products Expo West continues to be the leading trade show in the natural, organic and healthy products industry, attracting over 60,000 industry professionals and 3,000 exhibits to the Anaheim Convention Center. Rated as one of the top 200 trade shows in the US by Tradeshow Week, Natural Products Expo West continues to help attendees reach their business goals.”
My schedule is nearly booked already, and I continue to get contacted several times a day. That’s not meant to tell you how awesome I am (you already know that – I kid!), but rather to ensure you that the things I am doing are those that I feel will provide the most value to me and be most interesting for you to hear about.
I am most looking forward to….
- Interviewing Dr. Jonny Bowden who wrote “The Great Cholesterol Myth:Why Lowering Your Cholesterol Won’t Prevent Heart Disease-and the Statin-Free Plan That Will.”
- The Andrew Weil, M.D. speaker session. I had the privilege of listening to him while studying at The Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I can’t wait to hear more.
- Meeting with Andy Mackensen, co-founder and CEO of HUMAN (Healthy Vending).
- Attending session -> Progressive Consumers: 12 Innovative Ways into their Hearts & Carts
- Meeting up with some favorites around the Internets that I have yet to meet in person: Amie Valpone (@TheHealthyApple), Gigi Dubois (@Dubagee), Tess Masters (@theblendergirl), Jody Goldenfield (@truth2beingfit) and more.
- Learning more about and meeting the Bronner family. (Remember when I wrote about their Castile soap?)
- Attending session -> Preparing Your Products and Ingredients for Non-GMO Verification (this is going to be something that will be important to A Loving Spoon nut butters).
- Being a part of the We.Blog Editorial Board in general. So exciting!
I am hoping to….
- Return to the Bay Area on Sunday more ready and excited than ever to launch A Loving Spoon nut butters!
- Meet up with Darin Olien (<- yes, the SuperFoods guy who created Shakeology).
- Learn more about labeling, packaging, distribution, retailers (stats and their perspectives), marketing and more as it relates to the Natural Food Product industry.
- Discover several new products and brands (thousands will be there).
And of course I can’t wait to share it all with you. I have a feeling I’ll be heavily updating the “Mompreneur” tab soon, too. So many goodies ahead.
Click HERE to see everything the show has to offer. Send me an email (sarahkayhoffman (at) agutsygirl.com) or comment below if there is a booth you’d like me to check out. I’ll be updating this weekend via Instagram.
Love your guts,
Other posts by the Blogging Editorial Team you might enjoy:
- Scoping out the Natural Products Expo 2014 with kids and families in mind
- Natural Products Expo West #Weblog/ Expo de Productos Naturales en Anaheim
- A Very Vegan Expo West – What to See & Eat
- Natural Products Expo West Preview
- What Is Natural Product Expo West?! (pt. 1)
- Expo West Preview and the We.Blog Editorial Team!